Cemetery Transcripts are a recording of Tombstone Inscriptions of a number of Cemeteries in the Kawartha region.
Some transcripts include burial data from church and cemetery records.
All transcripts are produced and published by KARA.
We respect your privacy! Any and all the information collected on this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned!
Any information you provide will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email us.
Subject to the requirements of applicable law, we strive to provide a consistent set of privacy practices.
Table of Contents:
1. About Children 2. Information We Collect 3. Our Use of Your Information 4. Our Disclosure of Your Information – Legal Requests 5. Use of Email Tools 6. Control of Your Password 7. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information 8. Other Information Collectors 9. Security 10. Notice
1. About Children: Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the Site unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Site in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
2. Information We Collect: Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to use our services, we may require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information, shipping information and other personal information as indicated on the forms throughout the Site. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature.
We automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
If you choose to buy on the Site, we collect information about your buying behavior. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
If you register for KARA on a web site that helps facilitate your activity on KARA, that web site may provide personal information about you and your transactions back to KARA.
3. Our Use of Your Information: We use your personal information to facilitate the services you request. We use your personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site to: resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our Terms & Conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your personal information to identify users using multiple User IDs or aliases. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
If you choose to provide us with your financial information, we use your address and billing information to bill you and provide associated support.
You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize the Site’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site.
4. Our Disclosure of Your Information: Legal Requests. KARA cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you and KARA from bad actors. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, UserID history, fraud complaints without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to: prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss; or report suspected illegal activity.
5. Use of Email Tools: You may not use the Email This Item to a Friend service or other email services that we offer to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Terms & Conditions. We do not permanently store email messages or the email addresses sent from these tools. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
7. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information: We offer you the ability to automatically review and change the information you submit to us by logging into the Site and entering in the new information yourself. Generally, we will not modify your personal information based on your request because it is very difficult to authenticate your account manually. You can change your user Id, email address, contact information, financial information, shipping information and user preferences by going to the preferences and setup section in KARA. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once posted, you may not be able to change or remove any public postings made on the Site including our message areas or the feedback area.
Upon your request, we will deactivate your account, contact information, billing information, shipping information, and financial information from our active databases. To make this request, CONTACT US. Such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible based on your account activity and in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law.
We will retain in our files some personal information you have requested to remove to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms & Conditions and comply with legal requirements as is permitted by law. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personal information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests. However, such personal information will be deactivated from public and member viewing and will only be available to select KARA personal.
9. Security: Your information is stored on the KARA site. We use procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy, including encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet.
Conditions of Use
Welcome to the KARA On Line Store coming to you from Peterborough, Ontario, Canada in the heart of the Kawarthas. The services on this site are offered to you from Kawartha Ancestral Research Association Inc. (KARA) subject to the following conditions. If you visit or shop at the KARA site, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully. When you visit or purchase through our site at present or again in the future, you will be subject also to the guidelines and conditions applicable to such service or business. BY USING THE KARA SITE, AND THE SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH IT, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE CONDITIONS OF USE AND ALL RELATED POLICIES, CONDITiONS, AND GUIDELINES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE CONDITIONS OF USE, PLEASE TO NOT USE THE KARA SITE.
Electronic Communications: When you visit the KARA site or correspond with us via email, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices to our site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Copyright: All content included on the KARA site – text, graphics, logs, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software -is the property of KARA or its content suppliers. It is protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on our KARA web site is the exclusive property of KARA and so protected by copyright laws.
Your Account: If you use the KARA site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, as well as for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. KARA does not sell products to children, but sells to adults who are permitted to purchase products with a credit card (via Pay Pal program). If you are under 18, you may not purchase items on this site, except with the involvement of a parent or guardian. KARA reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at its discretion.
Reviews, Comments, Communications, and Other Content: Visitors may post reviews, comments, and other content; send e-notes and other communications. Visitors may submit suggestions, ideas, comments or questions so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable. Communications must not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of \”spam\”. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, nor otherwise mislead as to the origin of a note or other content of communication. KARA reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
Copyright Complaints: KARA respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow our Notice and Procedure for Making claims of Copyright Infringement.
Risk of Loss: All items purchased from KARA, are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
Product Descriptions: In preparing material for our Web Store, KARA attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, we do not warrant that product descriptions or other content on our site is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. If a product other than E-commerce purchased items, is not as described, please follow our refund procedure and guidelines for returning and obtaining a refund of a purchased product.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability: The www.kawarthagenealogy.ca Web Site and Store is provided by KARA on an \”as is\” basis. KARA makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk. To the full extent permissible by applicable Law, www.kawarthagenealogy.ca or www.karagen.org disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but no limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. KARA does not warrant that the KARA site, its servers, or E-mail sent from https://kawarthagenealogy.ca/storenow or www.karagen.orgare free of viruses or other harmful components. KARA will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the KARA site, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
Applicable Law: By visiting the KARA Site and Web Store, you agree that the laws of the Province of Ontario, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms & Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and KARA.
Site Policies, Modification, and Severabilit: Please take time to review other KARA policies, such as our Pricing policy, posted on the KARA site. These policies also govern your visit to the KARA site. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. Any changes or revisions will be effective immediately upon their posting to the KARA site. Your use of the KARA site will be subject to the version of the Terms & Conditions of Use posted on this site at the time of such use. Accordingly, you are advised to review the Terms & Conditions of Use prior to using the KARA site. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF ANY CHANGES OR REVISIONS WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES OR REVISIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGES OR REVISIONS TO THESE CONDITIONS OF USE, DISCONTINUE USE THE KARA SITE IMMEDIATELY. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Use of Material Purchased on this Site: All research material purchased on this site is solely for the purpose of individual-personal research work. Research material purchased through this site shall not be used for resale, nor included into use in any other web site or database, nor altered in any way to obscure its being acquired through the KARA Web Store for the purpose of inclusion in other web sites, databases, or non web-based sales of research materials. Use of material obtained through the KARA web store for purposes beyond that permitted by copyright citations, can only be done with the express written permission of the KARA Board of Directors.
Kawartha Ancestral Research Association Inc. (KARA) 730 The Kingsway Unit 3 Peterborough, Ontario Canada K9J 6W6 Email: Contact Us
Shipping & Returns
KARA ships by Canada Post, and usually ships within One Business day of receiving your order and conformation of payment.
You may pickup your order at our KARA Research Centre, 730 The Kingsway. Unit 3, Peterborough, Ontario, K9J 6W6, when that option is available.
International orders need a delivery phone number for Customs paperwork to ship. Please include your phone number.
Items can be returned up to 1 week after the delivery date. Please Contact Us before making a return.
Orders cancelled after payment process may be subject to a Cancellation Fee.